- AI is going to become more important, particularly in the realm of the virtual assistant. There are still lots of kinks, but the upshot is too big to miss.
- Digital tools are going to grow exponentially. Why do it from scratch if you don’t have to? Tool designers will start white labelling their tools more for agencies to license in greater numbers.
- App attrition: the best app will win. It’s already happening, but it will happen much faster. Apps that are next gen intuitive will continue to lead.
- The driverless car is happening, but not the way everyone thinks. Keep your eye on the road.
- Social responsibility can start right in the workplace. Companies that promote personal development, not just job skills (whether an employee stays or not) will win.
- Open source is a great idea, until it isn’t. There will be a new iteration on this concept, one that will encourage sharing but with a lot less mess.
- Design Thinking will find more air in more interesting places, but a new solution-finding concept will emerge.
Yep. More people will work from home, and those that don’t will congregate in open spaces where you don’t have to pay rent and have access to a toilet. Not Starbucks.
P.S., systems theorist Buckminster Fuller’s drive to make the home better than the office might be happening now.